Friday, February 15, 2008

Useless Bureaucracy

Yes, I DID have to look up 'bureaucracy' in order to spell it. Like YOU'RE perfect. I'm complaining about that because it appears that in order to be on Sez's list of contacts or whatever, you have to do more than just ONE post. Siiiiigh! I assume that applies to other people as well.
So. I've just been out in town. Do you know what it's like to be at the exeter and not drinking? It's quite the annoyance. Everyone's sitting there drinking, and the girl who literally tried to scratch your eyes out is sitting at a nearby table (long story...well not that long...basically, was at a party one time, moved through the crowd, allegedly knocked her drink ((another friend said i actually did, but only a small amount, and she'd been looking for a fight with people earlier anyway)), so once outside she came up behind me outside and poured the drink over the back of my head, the same drink she was pissed about being spilt, try and find the logic in THAT! So I was a little annoyed by this, so later when she came back outside after running inside like a big fat coward so I couldn't get her back, I went up to her with a glass of WATER ((as opposed to some vaguely berry-ish alcoholic drink like hers was)), gave her a chance to apologise, she just smirked, so I poured the water over her head. Next thing I know, she's jumping on me and trying to claw my eyes out...literally! I have pictures of the aftermath, scratches right beside my eyes. Then later, when she was leaving, I was still somewhat ANNOYED about all this, so I yelled in a bit of a sing-song 'Who's a psychobitch? I'M not a psychobitch!' and she attacked again, attempting to claw out my eyes yet again, shouting all kinds of unoriginal death threats ((I'LL F--CKING KILL YOU!!!!)) and so forth).
Sez went home as she was tired, although she's still awake now having just completed her costume...got to bed, Sez!...and Bart, Andy, Diego, Astrid, Libby, James, Lu and I went to the gardens party thing. I was there for about twenty minutes before I went to catch my bus.

I gotta say, I really like driving along the hills roads at night. It's awesome. That is what I did after getting off my bus. Now I'm home, drinking a beer...well, trying to drink a beer, but mum's being annoying nearby trying to work the stapler and filing things right behind me. I need my own computer, but it probably wouldn't fit in my room...sigh!

So, fun fact of the night, and it's again about stars. We all know that due to the speed of light, and the distance most of the stars are away from us, that it can take millions of years for the light to reach us. Well, by extension, if we had telescopes that could look at the planets around other stars very far away (which would be difficult to say the least, as the stars are automatically so bright that it's almost impossible to see the planets at all, you can only tell that they're there by the gravitational effects that they have on their sun, but it's really only really big planets that have an effect at all (a planet that is Earth sized is too small to have such effects; undetectable, the planet would have to be Jupiter sized). Anyway, if we could hypothetically see these planets, look down on the surface of them, just as with their star, the light would be taking millions of years to reach us (depending on the amount of light years away it is), so we would literally be looking into the past. Similarly, any alien civilisation of an appropriate distance away who was looking down on the surface of our planet, RIGHT NOW, would be seeing the dinosaurs walking around. I find it interesting! It's interesting!!!!

That is all.

4 comments:

sez said...

that's pretty cool. and now i'll add you to my list. you're actually the first person i've applied that rule to, but don't think you'll be the last!!

cmaynard said...

OMG!
More than one topic in this blog, hence multiple responses.
Some people are just a little crazy and itching for a fight. Crazy whore! Kinda make me wish I'd come out the other night, cos all this talking of fighting is making me miss martial arts which I haven't been able to go to for some thime now.....sigh....
Will have to start again once uni is back I think...yes...exercise, fight and weapons....so good.

Also hills driving is awesome I agree. Haven't had the money for petrol for a while, but going up to the hills this weekend to see famy, so maybe I'll go the long away through the back streets!
Not going to have my licence for much longer away as I think I got pinged the other day.....

On the topic of planets being seen by graviational distortion in he light from distant stars.....
Well they have been able to refine it so that smaller planets can be seen! They have detect the first planet that resembles Earth, that is it has a simular size, temp and density to have Earth like characteristics! Awesome huh??
[Now we just need to invent a way to get there....]

benjamin said...

TELEPORT, Maynard! Jeez, talk about staring you in the face. You'll get us there, I'm sure.

M Robin said...

i totally understand looking up 'bureaucracy' in order to spell it. actually, i didnt look it up, just copied and pasted from your post that time, but anyway...